Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SHOUT OUT TO MY SISTER


I know I already posted today but I have to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to my sister Shannon, William started 1st grade today!!!! I am in awwww that he is already in 1st grade. I called her last night to see how she was handling the coming event of the morning (my sister is not the best with change). I shared with her how proud she should be of the little boy she is sending off to school. She has done an amazing job and it is now time for the world to see her work in action. I was impressed to hear from her that she was actually going to let him ride the bus this is a huge step for any mother never mind my sister who is sure that everyone is out to steal her children. She is such a great mother that she was starting his day with hot home made blueberry muffins and then walking him to the bus stop. I am anxious to hear how his day went and even more anxious to hear how hers went so I am off to call them now.

On a closing note, my sister is one of the most amazing mothers I know, she has put all of her energy, love, and life into her children since the day they were born and it shows. If I am half the mother she is then my boys won't turn out half bad!

I love you Shannie!!!!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

WOO HOO!

KiKi said...

Ditto on this post! I cannot believe she let him ride the bus, and cannot believe that he is in the 1st grade. I still feel like he is a baby, but he isn't! I talked to him tonight before bed time and he was pretty much jumping through the phone excited about his day. It made me cry. I'm so glad he didn't get picked on, and made a new friend!

Shannon said...

Thank you so much. This is one of the hardest things about being a mom. William loved his first day and could not wait to get to the bus stop to begin his day today. I must say it is hard to let him go but on another note it is amazing to watch him grow. I love you and miss you so much.