Thursday, August 21, 2008

Finally they meet....

Finally, after a summer of several misses, Elijah got to meet the ice cream truck yesterday afternoon. We were on our way out to do some errands and I already had Elijah strapped into his car seat when in the distance I heard that all to familiar jingle. So being the good mother I try to be we delayed our departure time and flagged down the ice cream truck. He stopped, we walked over and Elijah introduced himself and I told him to pick something. At this point he was very confused....he thought he was getting a ride on the truck so he continued to ask if the ice cream man if he could come on and for a ride. Eventually Elijah did pick an ice cream. Out of everything he picked a baseball glove chocolate ice cream with a gum ball as a baseball, this kid is obsessed with baseball. I treated myself to a red, white, & blue bomb pop since I still am on a dairy free diet thanks to smiling Samuel!







Earlier that day Elijah had his 2 1/2yr check up which I had not been looking forward to at all since he hates the doctors office. Once, again he surprised me and was on his best behavior! Dr. Chung is very pleased with his growth he is 38 1/2 inches tall and 28 pounds which translates into he is built like his daddy tall & lean, thank GOD!!! Dr. Chung also commented that he is speaking extremely well for his age and to keep up whatever we are doing!

2 comments:

Sue said...

You're so much better than I am. I would have bolted when I heard the ice cream truck! Bomb pops rock though!

KiKi said...

I am in love with the picture of him getting the ice cream! It is going up on the wall for sure! I always have bomb pops for when I am sick...so good! I remember Daddy going out to the store to get them when I was sick once as a kid and eat them ever since.