Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Great Hair Cut

Finally, after a year and a half & a dozen hair cuts I did not have to physically restrain Elijah in the chair. I have taken a new approach with Elijah and just telling him exactly what I expect and what is going to happen, no beating around the bush with this son of mine & it seems to be working. So, on our what to get his hair cut I told him no crying, no screaming, no yelling, no kicking, I do not want to have to hold you down he replied "OK Mom" (yes he is calling me Mom now not Mommy). We get to Snip It's & lucky for us there is no wait & they take him right in. Elijah climbs up in the chair the women says hello he says hi & she turns on the clippers and tells him she is going to start at the back it might tickle, Elijah so kindly responds and informs her "Elijah, no gonna kick you, OK OK". I could not help but laugh out loud at least I know he is listening and does actually hear most of what I am telling him. She was able to give him a great hair cut because he sat perfectly still the entire time.....another proud Mommy moment

1 comment:

Sue said...

Could you please have Elijah give Cam a haircut pep talk? Last week when Steve tried to take him the woman refused to cut his hair b/c he wouldn't stop screaming...