Thursday, August 14, 2008

The latest and greatest on Samuel


A little late since we were on vacation but we had Samuel's 2 month check up yesterday and he weighed 13lbs 11.5oz and he is 25 1/2inches long! This puts him in the 75% for weight and 99% for height, thank God it seems that both the boys have gotten the height gene from Cookie. We have also concluded that Samuel does currently have an allergy to milk (again from Cookie) and as a result I can not have any dairy. Yup no dairy for mom since we are breastfeeding. Which brings us to another topic, the bottle Samuel does not want to take the bottle at all we have been trying and trying to get him to take it since he was 4 weeks and it just is not working. The doctor suggested someone besides me giving him a bottle 4x's a day for the 2 weeks straight and he eventually will take it. Not really sure how that can happen since my husband works and is gone all day and is not even home for 4 feeds a day so if anyone wants to sign up for Samuel's bottle boot camp let me know. The milk allergy is the only downfall to Samuel. His blue eyes are getting to be a brighter blue everyday and his hair is getting curler it seems, one thing that is not happening is his color still hasn't come in, I guess he is going to be light just like Elijah.

Samuel is very interactive and loves for anyone to talk to him. He is smiling all the time and is laughing out loud and thinks that I am very funny. One of his most favorite things to do is bounce especially on Grammie's knee. He also really likes to sleep and is sleeping from 10 at night till 6 in the morning and then going back down till almost 9, I love it and hope it keeps up! He has also found his fingers and is a finger sucker just like his brother, it amazes me how something they are exactly a like with and others not so much!

4 comments:

Sue said...

He's getting so big!

Carla said...

He's so cute! I am jealous of his sleeping.

Tanya said...

I'll sign up - say the word and I'll come give him a bottle. He is so stinking cute and I can not believe how much he has changed!

KiKi said...

I am loving these pictures along with the posts. I miss the boys already, but am glad they are happy to be home! I'll keep my eyes open for the lactose free anything!


love you, miss you!