Thursday, August 28, 2008

Verizon Babies....



What seems like a life time ago I met two very nice "new" girls at work well now those two "new" girls I met at work have become two of my closest friends of mine, Kathleen & Kimberly. I have been lucky enough to have their friendship and support over the past five years from planning weddings, getting pregnant, dealing with death, raising children, dealing with husbands, and just the basic day in and day out bs that comes. Well now the three of us our raising babies!!!!

Kimberly's daughter Emma is only a few months older than Elijah and they have been playmates since they were babies. Kimberly and I were on maternity leave at the same time when we had Emma and Elijah and we spent many an afternoon sitting on the sofa nursing and chatting away. Now the three of us are home with babies!!! As you know I had Samuel May 28th, Kathleen then gave birth to her beautiful baby girl Kate on June 21st, and Kimberly then welcomed Colin on July 29th. Little do these babies know that they already have friends whether they like it or not!

Today Kathleen and I loaded the children into the minivan and headed up to Rockport to spend the afternoon with Kimberly. Kimberly is one of the few reasons that I EVER go north of the city! We had a really nice day but it was not as relaxing as it once was with just two (Emma & Elijah). Emma, Elijah, & Ethan (Kimberly's middle child who is only 18 months) all played so well together for the most part and had a blast! The babies seemed to enjoy themselves also Colin slept most of the day away, Kate is just too cute and happy doing whatever & Samuel was in his usual good mood!

It was wonderful to spend the day with my girlfriend!!!

No comments: