Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Let's Paint!






I woke up today and decided I was going to keep Elijah busy all day (I hoped) without the aid and assistance of Dora & Diego. I set up a painting table in the kitchen so that I could get something done while he painted. We already had brushes from a past project that I put out and I also cut up a sponge into different shapes. I figure we can learn and be crafty! He picked all the colors he wanted by name and we worked on the shape names as well. He amazes me everyday with how much he knows! What amazed me even more is he painted for 2 hours straight! He really enjoyed it and Samuel really enjoyed just sitting there watching him smiling, he loves to watch his big brother do anything. Eventually Samuel fell asleep in the bouncer but was startled awake by a hug from Elijah who when I told him Elijah he's sleeping please leave him alone he told me "Mom I HAD to hug & kiss my Brother!" who can argue with that! We painted until it was time for lunch it was a great morning!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

You are a brave woman! Kudos to you! I have been wanted to let Lu do some painting but then I think about the mess. Loving the sponges and cups idea.

Sue said...

2 hours. Wow, I only get 30 minutes out of Cam when we paint!