Monday, August 25, 2008

A Great Start to the Week

Today the boys and I met Sue, Cameron, Carla, Ava, and Michael at the park. Once again we were lucky and the rain never came and the kids were able to have a great time running, climbing, swinging, and simply just being kids. Lucky enough for me it also gives me some time to chat with my girlfriends, which I love! We were at the park for over two hours and then it was time to head home for lunch and a nap. On our way back to the car Elijah was running across the field and spotted a dandelion flower and picked it, "Mom I pick a flower for you!" he shouted to me and continued to run. Well, by the time we got to the car there was only a stem the fuzzy white dandelion had blown away, Elijah was so upset that his flower for Mom was broken. He finally calmed down and informed me that his Daddy will fix it and insisted on taking it with him. The rest of the day was as good as the morning and I cross my fingers the remainder of the week is just as good!





3 comments:

Sue said...

Cam slept for 3 1/2 hours. It was amazing! We need to find another playground like that!

Carla said...

Ava slept for 2.5 hours when we got home. It was wonderful!! It was so good to get the kids together.

KiKi said...

I love that you keep this blog up to date, because it's a way for me to read all the cute things that Elijah says everyday. Those are the things I miss the most! Love you!