Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Back in the Saddle.....

Here I am back to blogging, I often wonder how I stop and fall off track because I have so much stuff to share and hundreds of blogs already written in my head but just have not found the time to sit down and share. So I promised myself and a few others that this week I would blog at least 2-3 times and since it is already Wednesday I figured I should really get on it!

A brief recap of the past few weeks...

We were very lucky to spend Thanksgiving with my parents and sister Kiki it was a blast to have them here but I often felt that something was missing & it was, Shannon and her family were not able to make it and therefore left a bit of an emptiness for me. The boys had a wonderful time with Grammie, Papa, & Kiki and were sad for days after they left! Elijah asked me what he did wrong to make everyone he loves live so far away, try answering that question to a almost 4 year old.

While the family was here I had another ultrasound for Baby #3 because it has not been so cooperative in it's position and we have not been able to get all of the vital info we need but this meant my sister and mom were both able to get a sneak peak at the baby. I was so excited to share this with them and let them hear the amazing sound of a baby's heartbeat and watch it wave and yawn from inside of me! Sadly, we were still not able to get all that we needed in the ultrasound so next step is a level 2 to make sure all is good! Also if we wanted to know the gender we could not even find out because baby is tight legged and crossed at the ankle no peaking for us!!!!

We are now in the midst of getting ready for Christmas and Buddy Santa's scout elf has come to stay with us and keep an eye on the boys and report back to the big guy. Elijah is very excited about Christmas and has kept his list very short:
*Bike
*Splaster
*Spike the Dinosaur
This child is 100% confident that all three of these things are going to be under the tree Christmas morning, this I struggle with because Spike the Dinosaur cost $129 & is really noisy. I have this awful feeling I am going to cave in and purchase the dinosaur after all who needs groceries the week of Christmas anyways!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Yeah for an updated blog post! I swear I check like twice a day for updates. :)

I can't imagine not having those things under the tree...how do you explain to a 3 year old why they are not. I know I go overboard so maybe I am not the best one to comment on it. It's all going to be so magical regardless.

kerilee77 said...

I agree with Tanya...hence why Spike will (unfortunately for my wallet) be under our tree. It terrifies Ashton, so this should be interesting. If it helps, I ordered it online at kmart.com and got it for $109.99 + tax and with free shipping.