Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm in Love....

I'm in love with a 3 year old little boy named Elijah & a 9 month old cutie named Samuel. Over the past few weeks I am not sure what it is but I have just fallen head over heals in love with the two of them! Maybe it was because my mother was here for two weeks and I had a helping hand and extra free time, maybe it is because Samuel now has a schedule and naps twice a day and is in bed by 7pm and sleeps all night, or maybe it is simply because I have two little boys who just ROCK!!!

Elijah had his 3 year check up a few weeks back and he did FANTASTIC! Lucky for me there are no shots at the 3 year check up but there is a finger prick and he did not even cry for that. Elijah weighs 30.4 pounds and is almost 40 inches tall, that puts him in the 25% for weight and 95% for height so he takes after his mom....just kidding I meant to say his dad. Funny thing about his weight is Pugsley the fat bastard actually weighs more than him....gross I know. Dr. Chung is happy with his growth and sees no need to be concerned with his weight because it has been hold steady at the 25% range for the past 2 years. This is so funny to me considering he did not even hit the growth chart until he was 6 months old because he was so tall and chunky! Dr. Chung also commented on Elijah's speech and said he is speaking above average and he was very pleased with that. A suggestion was also made to send him to preschool in the fall but I think we are holding off another year on that since he will not be attending Kindergarten till fall 2011 (preschool will be another blog post later). So all and all his 3 year check up was great.

Elijah at three has one main obsession DINOSAURS! Everything is a dinosaur or involves a dinosaur. He wakes up every morning and announces what type of dinosaur he is going to be for the day and what type of dinosaur daddy, Samuel, and I are going to be, this is always very interesting because he stays in character a good part of the day. He also only eats out of his dinosaur bowl and off of his dinosaur plate. Karma really is funny because how the hell did I end up with a child so obsessed with dinosaurs when I don't even believe in them.

Another thing about my Elijah I have to mention is he is funny!!!! Here he actually does take after his mother because his father is nowhere near as funny as me. Anyways here are a few funny thing to come out of Elijah's mouth this past week. Elijah woke up with a cough the other morning so I asked Elijah where did you get that cough while you were sleeping he replied "Mom I drink the coffee" I could not help but laugh and say of course you did. One more funny to share...Sunday evening while I was making dinner Elijah was playing with one of Samuel's toys the linking beads pretending they were a fishing rod. Elijah announced "Mom I'm fishing" I replied Great! Elijah then said "OH NO" I asked What? He responded "It's not a fish, it's an old boot! That's ok I toss it back!" This kid just cracks me up & I love it!!!

Now, Samuel Oh Samuel if you can believe it he is happier than he use to be and all because of one reason.... he SLEEPS!!! Finally, we caved in and Ferberized him or as my mother likes to point out simply put him to bed and it worked...he sleeps. He takes a morning nap, an afternoon nap and is in bed by 7pm and sleeps all night!!! Life is so much happier at the Popotte house now that Samuel sleeps. The next step is to move him across the hall and make it so he and Elijah share a room so mommy and daddy can have a grown up room again. Samuel's 9 month appt is tomorrow so I will update and post about his stats and progress. Currently he is doing any and everything to keep up with his big brother which often leads to many falls and head bumps but he keeps going.

Ok well have to run Samuel is up from his nap & it's time to start dinner! I promise to be better about posting now that we do not have company and if I could simply stay off FaceBook. Does anyone else have a problem getting lost and staying too long on FaceBook or is it just me?

THESE ARE THE DINOSAURS WE HATCHED






7 comments:

Jane said...

I think the two dinosaurs in the red chair are the cutest!

Sue said...

You crack me up!

Life is so much better when you get a full nights sleep, I def. agree.

Cam was a huge fan of the dinosaur egg things. He couldn't wait for them to hatch!

Carla said...

AWW!! Love it! I totally agree, life is better with a full night sleep and for me life is the best when I am asleep by 9!!

The boys are just too cute!

kerilee77 said...

Samuel's eyes are gorgeous in that last pic! So happy to hear you are sleeping. You must feel like a new woman!

Jane said...

actually, I thought samuel looked a little tired in that last pic

Tanya said...

So great! Happy to hear all is well. They are both too cute. And yes, I too have a facebook problem.

mcdermottok said...

The boys are gorgeous. I love your blogs. And yes I am going to have to join FA...I am so addicted to FACEBOOK. Hope to see you soon at our new house!!!!