Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy

Decades ago my Grandfather shared great wisdom with my mother and her sisters & it was "If your mother is happy then everyone is happy!". How true these words are. I can recall as a child, a teenage, & even as an adult that if my mother was or is not happy then in fact the rest of us were not happy either. Last week I decided it was time to pass these words of wisdom on to my boys (Cookie included). I am not sure if they really understood it but I am sure as time goes on it will eventually sink in. In the mean time this is what Elijah has taken from it, every time I ask him to do something & I have to say it sternly or a second time he chimes in with " Mom, You Happy??" I respond "Not really Elijah!" this response results in Elijah then busting into song "If Your Happy & You Know it" & dance. While preforming in front of me he pauses and says "Mom, do the dance & sing the song. Then You HAPPY!!" Well, he is right how can you not be happy if singing and dancing with my Elijah!

4 comments:

KiKi said...

Omg, that boy. Grandpa was right though, it's crazy how even today when we are all out on our own when mom is not happy...no one is happy. But, who couldn't help but be happy when Elijah is singing and dancing with that smile.

Carla said...

I love it! that's so true. If mom's not happy no one is!

I think I might have to pass that along to my clan too!

Oh and I love the new blog look!!

Tanya said...

AWWW - that made me smile! I needed that!

Ln said...

The wisdom of Elijah!