Thursday, March 5, 2009

9 Months Later....



Nine months later the Popotte house has changed drastically! First and most important is the added addition of my always happy crazy afro headed Samuel, then the fact that I am now a stay at home mother and wife, Cookie works crazy hours and nonstop, and the house is always noisy, but one thing has stayed the same I am still trying to catch up on the laundry. Two of my close girlfriends, fellow moms & bloggers (Sue & Carla) commented that they don't know where the time has gone & that they are mothers of two. I have to agree, where has the time gone? It feels like just last week I was prego and squatting constantly in hopes of having a vbac and not a c-section. ANYWAYS.....

This morning Samuel had his 9 month well check which the entire family attended. Fun Oh fun....people think it's challenging to go somewhere with two kids I think that is a piece of cake compared to having to go somewhere with two kids & Cookie. Samuel was perfect for his appointment. Dr. Chung was very happy to hear that we had overcome the sleep issues and that he was now sleeping. Samuel, currently is 19 pounds which is only the 20% for weight, 30 inches which is 90% for height, & his head measures in the 60% range that must be without the afro. They are not concerned at all about his weight since he is considerably active & in their words "advanced". I personally wish he was a bit behind and was not climbing, crawling, creeping with furniture and walking with push toys. If he still wanted to held and cradled I would be happy, I love an infant! We discussed his dairy issue and it was suggested that we start introducing yogurt and see if he has any reactions to it. I am so nervous to do this since he is so happy & his skin looks fantastic. Good news would be if he does handle the dairy then I can have dairy! My first order would be a pizza from Papa Gino's!! Dr. Chung was also very pleased with his verbal skills and over just thinks he is perfect just like I do. We concluded the appointment with only one shot and a lollipop for Elijah. I think that it is so interesting that the doctors office gives lollipops it actually really annoys me.

Our next appointment for Samuel is June 4th where I am predicting it is going to be 80 degrees sunny & not a cloud in the sky!!!!




5 comments:

Tanya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya said...

LOVVEEE that last photo in the doorway! His hair is freaking awesome! Hope we can have a pizza party soon.

P.S. June 4th is a great day - it's my Adoption Day. :)

Jane said...

Great pics, he looks soooo much like his mom! give hugs to both those little guys! XOXO

kerilee77 said...

Those pictures are fantastic! I love the first one of the two of them. They look so happy being together!

Michelle said...

he is so adorable......I just wanna squeeze him.