Sunday, February 21, 2010

2/21/4

Six years ago February 21st became on of my favorite days, for you see it was the day that Cookie FINALLY asked me to marry him. I had waited and dreamed about him asking me for a really long time and then to my surprise he actually did it! It was all I had hoped for but nothing I had pictured he really surprised me which is often hard to do. It was a Saturday afternoon & I had just worked overtime (oh how I would love some Verizon overtime pay right about now)and we were out doing errands for his mother when for some reason he pulled over at Jamaica Pond and had me get out of the Jeep because he wanted to question a dent in the back. As I was getting out of the car I was thinking "crap what did I hit" but to my surprise I turned around to find him as I had always dreamed down on one knee with a pretty little black box with the perfect ring inside for ME!!! I still smile ear to ear when I replay this day in my mind and I don't think he really knows that & I wish he did. From that simple little question my life with him has been one great thing after another with of course an occasional bump in the road to make it exciting!!

I reminded Cookie this morning of what today was and we both ask each other if we would do anything differently or change anything out how our lives has unfolded and amazingly we both answered, no. Our life is exactly as we would hope it would be which is a lot to say considering neither of us slept last night because the boys are so sick with the croup. So, although I often complain and go on about my husband and what he does and does not do that drive me crazy I love him more that I could love anyone and I am so happy that he popped the question to me that February afternoon!

LOVE YOU MUCH COOKIE!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so sweet!
Good for you guys!
M

Jane said...

I think by then EVERYONE was glad he finally popped the question! I was actually starting to get angry with him, remember? I am thrilled you are both sooooo happy. We all love us some cookie!