Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mommy confessions

I have a few mommy confessions I need to get off my chest! Some of them seem to be on going and some have only happened once. Prior to becoming a mother I thought this job would be a piece of cake, I knew there would be some hard days but what I did not realize is there would be so many challenging days. So here is my list:
~My house house is never clean, no matter how hard I try I can never get it to stay clean!
~Elijah has a fresh streak in him that truel only comes out on me and I often feel responsible for it because I did not address it sooner!
~I am very nervous that baby #3 is going to be a girl and not going to be as beautiful as the boys, yes I think my boys are beautiful!
~Samuel and his climbing drive me crazy and I often put him in his chair and offer him a snack just to be able use the bathroom!
~Some days I am jealous that Cookie gets to go to work!
~Sometimes I use homework as an excuse to get out of the house to have some quiet time and a soup at Panera Bread!
~I long for the day we live near family that wants to be a part of the boys life and actually give us a helping hand!
~I find that I am sometime jealous of moms who do have family that can and will help them with no strings attached. It is REALLY hard to do this without any help, somedays
~Hardly ever do I sit an eat a meal I just seem to serve the entire time and that is getting old really quick.
~My boys survive on chicken nuggets, bagels, and Annie's Mac & Cheese!

I know that none of these things make me a bad mom but if I could fix just a few maybe I would be a slightly better mom for my boys!!!!!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I love this post. Keeping it real keeps us sane. I am due for a similar post. Mom is the hardest job ever. You know it, I know it, many others do too. It's an under appreciated job. The day my house is actually 100% clean, hell will freeze over. You're an awesome mom and you above all else are a mom that I admire mainly due to the fact that you have two awesome boys and you never let the tough days get ahead of the great days.

Jane said...

First you're an awesome mom. Secondly, I think most of the books I read through the 70s and early 80s were either preschool or read in the bathroom. I would say I had to go to the bathroom so I could read a few chapters. I often wish we all lived closer. I miss being able to see my grandchildren all the time and Sunday dinners. Wish we could help more :(

Shannon said...

Dianna you are amazing!!!!!!I also admire you not only as a person but as a mother! The fresh thing is only him makeing sure you still have rules he needs to follow, remember they like rules and structure! You want them to test you so they know the bounderies when they go out on their own in this world. I must also say I have taken up in the bathroom to do many things such as read, talk on the phone or even just to hop in a nice warm shower. I love the mom that you are and you have helped me work on getting back to being the mom I felt I was slipping away from being. I love you and your family and I do wish I could be close as well but for some strange reason I love the midwest! Miss you sis...

Mary said...

AGHH, I have those moments all of the time. It is not easy being a parent. It's great to take time and just say that! But you are awesome at it! It's ok to not be perfect ... who is? I hear you on so many of those "confessions"! Hang in there, you are doing great and your family is wonderful, healthy and happy! ;0

Big hug!