Monday, October 12, 2009

Scam Artist

Yup, that is exactly how I would describe my three and a half year old son Elijah scam artist. Lately I have to admit I feel like everything I ask him to do he is trying to make a deal or pull a fast one. The worst has been his sleeping or lack there of. About two months ago randomly out of the blue he started waking in the middle of the night and coming into our room. Out of pure exhaustion and concern I just simply let him snuggle up next to me since it was already 4am he would not be in bed with us for long, right? Yeah well that was two months ago and he is till waking in the middle of the night. The first excuse for getting up was monsters, then it was he missed us, then his could not sleep, then his bed was lumpy, and the latest and most annoying is the middle of the night "accident". He started wetting the bed at night my son who has not urinated at night for the last six months now has started peeing the bed at night. I think it is a bunch of crap!!!! Let me explain why & it is because the first night it happened I did not change his bed in the middle of the night and put him back to bed because I did not want to wake Samuel so Elijah stayed with us & then this occured a few more times but I noticed he was not really having accidents. He is only slightly peeing his pant, his undies are hardly wet but he tell you he can not sleep in his bed because it is wet from his "accident". So, I have decided he is simply trying to scam us so tonight I told him he had to wear a diaper and he had a flipping melt down that he would not wear one, he is not a baby, and he promised not to have an accident! We will see because if he has an accident tonight I have informed him very clearly that tomorrow night he will wear a diaper to bed just like a baby (as he said)!
Scam artist.....that is all I have to say!

1 comment:

Ln said...

Gotta love a kid who knows what he wants...and how to get it!