Thursday, October 15, 2009

Samuel's Well Check

I know I am playing a bit of catch up here on the blog since our time away in sunny, warm Florida but hopefully in the next few days we will be back up to date.

Anyways...last Wednesday we had Samuel's 16 month well check and everything went fantastic. I still can not believe how fast time is passing and how big he is getting or that soon there will be a little one that fills his role as the baby and he will become my middle child. Samuel's doctor was very pleased with his growth and said he is right on track, he is 32 1/2 inches tall which is about 75% for height and currently weighs 22.8lbs which is about 17% for weight. Surprisingly to me and Cookie he is actually taller than Elijah was at 16 months and is about a half a pound lighter and here I have been worried he is going to be the short fat kid with the afro and glasses! Dr. Chung was excited to tell us he has an above average vocabulary with about 15-20 words were he really only needs about 5 at this age, I was thrilled to hear that!!! I expressed my concern with his constant climbing and he just laughed and told me I have my hands full with two boys, if that is not an understatement I do not know what is! The two things Dr. Chung would like us to start is time outs with Samuel when needed and start planning to transition him into a bed in February. I am on board with the time outs but not so sure the bed thing is going to happen. Samuel also got four shots and did not even cry he was such a champ and Elijah also got the flu mist without a fight. I left the appointment very proud of my boys!!!



2 comments:

Tanya said...

Imagine how full your hands will be if you have 3 boys! Nothing you can't handle. Samuel has a great middle child personality. Tom is a middle child too. :)

Jane said...

How adorable these pictures are! He's growing so fast. He will relish the middle child role. His grammie is one :)