Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Off to the farm....

Our field trip this week was to Davis' Farmland in Sterling Ma. It is out of pure love for my boys that I go anywhere that there are animals since I really do not care for animals at all, I don't like zoos, farms, aquariums, and I am still puzzled as to why we actually have a dog ourselves. Anyway, it was well worth the drive for the day that we had. The kids had a blast feeding the animals, chasing the animals, and running around like animals themselves. Actually now that I am thinking about Samuel was not such a fan he screamed and cried when I brought him close to see the animals so he and Micheal stayed strapped in the stroller hanging out for most of the day.

My Elijah surprised me with how brave he was with the animals and was happy to show his friends how to feed the animals and how much fun it was.


And to top it all off we ended the day with a pony ride!




OH WAIT....did I say we ended the day with a pony ride, NO we ended our day at Dr. Chung's office. Yup, my independent 3 1/2 year old son decided he was not going to let the nice lady cut off his bracelet when we were leaving and he was going to rip it off himself. Well, he failed in ripping it off as a matter of fact he is still wearing it but he was successful in popping his elbow out of the socket. Yes, once again Elijah dislocated his elbow. So, after an hour plus ride home we were off to the pediatricians office to wait an hour to have it popped back in. Dr. Chung showed me again how to put it back but I am still not confidant that I could do it. Fingers crossed I never have the chance again, yeah right!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Looks like it was really fun til Elijah decided to exert his independence!

Tanya said...

So great! I have been thinking about trekking out there to check it out. I'll have to try it in the fall. Love the pictures on the pony.

Ln said...

Sounds like great fun except for the elbow!