Friday, April 10, 2009

A Really LONG week...

It has been what seems like a really long week here at the Popotte home. Not sure why but if I had to blame it on anything I would blame it on the rain...(yeah yeah)This week we have been stuck in the house I don't think we did anything or went anywhere if I can recall correctly. We did have plans to visit Kimberly and the kids at their new house but that morning Samuel woke up covered in blood. Yup, Samuel had his first bloody nose. That day he continued to have two more but eventually they stopped. Thank GOD that they stopped because I have never had a blood nose so the entire thing is just so strange & gross to me. Sad to say he may just be a baby that gets them since Cookie, Uncle Jay, & Auntie Shannon all had awful blood noses regularly as kids....great just what I have time to deal with! In addition to the bloody nose Samuel has another awful cold and has constant boogers running down his face. I will tell you, you know you love your kids when you have disgusting boogers all dried on your boob from nursing them....being a mom is so gross sometimes! On other Samuel news he is still not walking which ENRAGES me to no fault! The reason I am so upset is because his friend Michael who is only 1 day older than him is walking. I am so competitive it hurts sometimes. Although he is not walking he can get everywhere very quickly and quietly crawling....he is on a stealth mission constantly. Also in an effort to redeem himself Samuel has decided to finally say Momma. He had said it months ago but then just stopped and now just this week he has started again. It makes my heart melt when he says it!



Elijah oh my Elijah....he is going STIR crazy!!! He is a bundle of energy and never stops talking. I think I can take the blame for the talking part. This has been an interesting week with him. He also has a bit of a cold and has been rather cranky off and on this week. We attempted potty training again this week and had a few successful days and then he just decided NO, he wanted to wear a diaper. I told him that I bought the last box of diapers and they will not sell them to me any more so once they are gone that is it no more diapers for Elijah. He seemed OK with this and has asked a few times how many diapers are left, we'll see what happens when they are gone. Potty training has lead to a lot of time being spent in the bathroom and just this week Elijah said he needed the potty so in we went & he requested some privacy so I left. I went back 2 minuted later to check and see how it was going,,,,yeah well no potty action happening just a lot of self exploration shall we say. I told him to becare don't hurt yourself and he responded "mom it feels good when I touch my peep" I just walked out of the bathroom. God help me!!! Finally twenty minutes later I told him to wrap it up.

Being a mother is very interesting but being a mom of boys I have no words for right now. So, I hope that next week is nicer out and we can get the hell out of the house!!!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I think you should rename this post to Blame it on the Rain!

Michelle said...

OK....that blog was so cute. I love the story of Elijah and his peep.....a real man in the making, huh? They get very fascinated from the get go.....he he! I love the bunny pics and can we talk about Samuel's hair??? It looks like it has gel in it........ he he! It is getting curlier and curlier. I am so glad to be home and to see the blogs....of course I don't know that web addresses or I could have accessed form abroad. (LOL) Thanks for sharing.