Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Update....

We had such a nice weekend. Cookie finally had a weekend off and we were all able to spend some time together as a family. I have to admit I really look forward to the weekends to not only have some time with my husband but to also have an extra hand with the boys.

Friday evening we went to Friendly's for dinner and it was a success! Elijah does not eat out very well but I am determined to make it so we are not stuck in the house eating home all the time so I thought hey maybe Friendly's would work and I was craving a slice of watermelon roll. Everything went perfect he sat well, ate well, and even finished most of his dessert. Samuel of course was perfect and just happy to smile and chat to the table next to us. Elijah was excited because since he had been so good he got to pick out a balloon to take home! I think Friendly's might be our new Friday night hand out.

Saturday it rained and rained and rained!!!! I started my day grocery shopping solo which is such a treat while Cookie and the boys hung out at the house. After nap time we headed over to visit with Great Grandma and Grandmere. Samuel loves his Great Grandma and was just laughing away while she sang to him. Elijah was thrilled to go for a visit and finally get some decent chicken and rice. He loves his Grandmere's chicken and rice and will request it from me at least once a week. Unfortunately I do not even come close to making chicken or rice half as good as my mother in laws. After hanging out, playing, and eating a great Haitian meal it was time to head home and put the boys to bed.






Sunday we headed to Canobie Lake park for Cookie's company picnic. The weather was perfect & so wasn't out adventure. Once getting to the park we had lunch and then headed over to kiddy land to check out the rides. Elijah had a blast and loved them. He was so funny to watch, most kids wave at their parents, yell, or laugh not Elijah he just had a goofy grin on the entire time. His favorite part of the day was the train ride. He is obsessed with trains and riding on them so once he saw the train that went around the park we had to go on it. We waited in line for almost a half hour for that darn train ride but it was worth it, Elijah and Samuel both loved it. While on the train Cookie and I decided that it was time to call it a day. The boys both of course were passed out on the way home. Elijah seemed to really have a great time it's all he talked about all night!









There it is that was our weekend....nothing too exciting but it was great!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend! The picture of Elijah and Samuel is beautiful!

Jane said...

Elijah seems like he had a ball! Samuel's skin looks a lot better. You got some fun photo's

KiKi said...

Great Grandma loves her boys! Samuels skin looks amazing! You're such a good mom with the dairy embargo. That picture of Elijah on the train, I'm guessing is his "Choo-CHoooo" face? Haha. I miss them like crazzzzy. I miss you too sis. I'm flooded into my apartment, without an Arc. The Aveo just cannot make it through.