Sunday, September 28, 2008

Samuel's Baptism


Samuel's baptism was today and it went perfect! We had him baptized at Christ the King Church in Brockton which is now our new parish. It was such an honor for us to make Michelle and Luigi Samuel's Godparents, Cookie and I both know that we made a great choice in selecting them and know that they will do a fantastic job!!! Samuel's baptism was a bit different then Elijah's and every other Catholic baptism I have seen....he was naked! Yup, this parish has gone back to basics and they have a baptism pool that they dip the baby's backside in instead of pouring the water of their head. Cookie and I were both a bit weary of this but I have to say it was really nice. After his baptismal dip by the priest we put him in his gown. The baptism gown was the same one that Elijah wore which is actually my wedding dress and we had it made in to a gown for our family. Secretly I hope that one day I will have a daughter in-law that is nice enough to use it for my grandchildren and continue to pass it down, fingers crossed the boys each meet a woman as nice as their mother.

After the church we had family and close friends back to the house for lunch and dessert. I think everyone had a nice time, I know that we did! Thank you to everyone who came to share in Samuel's special day it was an honor to have you all there!






3 comments:

Ln said...

It was a beautiful day and I am so glad that I was there to share it with you. I wish I could have stayed for more of the festivities, but alas, responsibility called. What a nice cake! Hey - who made the pumpkin coffee cake??? It was delicious!

Love & hugs to all!

Shannon said...

I am so glad you guys had a great day! I wish I could have been there for the special day. I hope to see you soon like 8 more weeks!

KiKi said...

I'm glad it went so well and really wish I could have been there! I think you both made a great choice with Michelle and Luigi, they will be great!

Miss you and love you!