Thursday, September 25, 2008

Field Trip

The boys and I went on a field trip today to the Brockton Public Library. In an effort to keep us busy and out of the house a few days a week I have added the library to my short list. Recently, I signed Elijah up for a fall story hour at the library that will be starting soon so I figured I should bring him there a time or two before hand so he is familiar with it. So, today was the day we ventured to the library. While walking in I explained to him what it was and how he had to behave. We enter the main door and are about to go into the children's section and I tell Elijah this is where we come to borrow books to read, would you like to go pick one out? Yes peas! I open the door and send him in ahead of me and he looks around all wide eyed and LOUDLY says, "WOW MOM LOOK AT ALL THE BOOKS!!" Elijah loved the library we stayed for about forty-five minutes during that time we did a few puzzles and picked out two books to check out and bring home.

I love watching the day unfold through Elijah's eyes it always amazes me how everything is just so new!

2 comments:

KiKi said...

It's crazy how we don't remember things like the first time we went to the library. It's nice to watch him experience it. I spotted some stuff the other day while at Target (but stopped myself just as quickly from buying it, due to the move this week). I'm going back after the move to pick some little things up for his stocking! I can't wait.

Miss you guys!

Ln said...

The first library trip...what an experience! And for a book lover like Elijah, truly amazing to see so many books in one place...how wonderful! Being an avid reader myself, I love to see the little ones get so much joy from books. What a great job you are doing raising a reader!

Love & Hugs to all!