Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A visit to the doctor

"Babe, we need to call the doctor" were the words I woke up to this morning. Cookie had gone in to get Elijah this morning and let me sleep a few extra minutes but that did not last very long. Much to Cookie's surprised he opened Elijah's door to find him with the left half of his face SWOLLEN. It was awful, his eye was swollen his cheek looked like he had a golf ball in there and his poor lips & mouth were so swollen he was drooling like a baby. I called the doctor's office when the opened at 9am made an appt and saw the dr at about 11am to find out that Elijah was bitten by a mosquito and had a bad reaction. I felt like such a jerk for taking him in for what was a mosquito bite! So, it still looks swollen but he is not complaining at all and it surely has not slowed him down. I hope that when he gets up tomorrow that it looks much better because it is hard to say no to him with half his face swollen. I post pictures once I get them up loaded. Oh and just some knowledge that I learned from Dr.Chung today mosquitoes like to hang out on the ceiling and in door jams if you are ever looking for one that has attacked your child. He also told me that if I ever can not find said mosquito that has been trying to eat my children to climb into Elijah's bed pull the covers up over my head and breath very rapidly and it will draw them to the bed.....now that would be a sight me in a toddler bed.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I had to giggle at the thought of hiding under the covers and breathing heavily in the toddler bed! Poor kid - I can't imagine not bringing him in with a swollen face. I bet it was scary to see at first. Hope he's feeling better!

kerilee77 said...

Funny...I have heard that about mosquitoes being attracted to the carbon dioxide that we exhale. I guess it's true! Hope Elijah is feeling better soon!