Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Samuel!!!



Wow, I can not believe how quickly the past year has flown by. It feels like just last week that Cookie and I were sitting outside labor and delivery debating baby names. Now, a year later I have quit my job of over a decade, given up dairy for the past ten months, slept sitting up for almost six months straight while holding a baby, breastfeed for 365 days at least three times a day, switched to cloth diapering, & taken over 3000 pictures all because of Samuel! It seems almost impossible to imagine our family without him. I could not have been happier with the transition that Elijah made becoming a big brother & everyday I am so proud of how much he loves his little brother and how gentle he is with him!

At a year Samuel is still the happiest baby I have ever met! He has a wonderful & easy going personality similar to that of his daddy and is still the spitting imagine of his momma. He is really into music right now and loves to bounce with any beat and every morning he finds his way right to the music corner in the playroom. He is officially walking and has one and a half teeth both of which make me very proud because I really thought he would turn a year and still be the toothless crawler. He is finally starting to enjoy table food and has a great love for chicken nuggets just like Elijah, God help me if my microwave ever busts! He loves bananas, crackers, popsicles, and has become very proficient with his cup & the stealing of his brothers. He is trying to say more and more words everyday but so far has mastered; dada, elijah (lijah), momma, ball, uncle jay (hey), ugs (pugsley), and or (more).

So, here it is a year later my life as a mom of two beautiful boys! I would not change it for anything in the world! Here are a few picture of then and now, enjoy!

Off to the Hospital


Samuel only a few minutes old screaming is head off...


Elijah & Samuel meet for the first time


A few pics from the hospital please notice all the hair




Some recent pictures of Samuel and his crazy hair!!!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMUEL!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE!!!!

7 comments:

KiKi said...

First off, I love love love that picture of the him and the Happy Birthday Samuel on the driveway. That is such a cute idea. Second, I dont remember what it was like before he was here. Thanks for another awesome nephew, with pretty much the best hair any kid has ever had!

Carla said...

He's Michael's partner in crime!! These 2 are going to get into a lot of trouble together!!

Happy Birthday Samuel and your crazy hair!!

Tanya said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY handsome guy! Love that crazy hair!

kerilee77 said...

Happy birthday, Samuel! I think it's also important to note that his mommy looks so different in the last year. Congrats to you, Dianna!

Jane said...

I too love that picture on the driveway, very clever! Wish I could be there to hug and kiss the birthday boy. Love you Samuel! Happy 1ST Birthday!!!!

Michelle said...

Hi friend,
The Cassinellis are back from vacation!!!! I missed you guys but was so excited to get on the blog and take a look! First....Happy Birthday SAMUEL! And that is from me and your godfather.....I warned your Mom that Luigi may not be the type to go out an buy his own card, but luckily he married me.... we hope you all had a great birthday! Second, Dianna...you look awesome! Girl! I can see that you have been kicking butt on the scales! Congrats! I know it must feel so good to see all your hard work and sacrifice paying off. You look amazing! I loved looking at the pictures right before you had Samuel. I can't believe he is one, either. Gosh....he is just the sweetest boy and like you said he is a very happy baby. I see that the summer fun continued this week and I have decided that I want to be these kids. I missed you and hope you had a great night out last night.M

Sue said...

When he was born he looked so much like Elijah now he looks nothing like him! Congrats to you! You have two beautiful boys. The Bliss Family truly doesn't know what we'd do without you Popotte's! We love you guys!!