Friday, May 8, 2009

"Mom, that's a problem!"

Last night while drying Elijah off from his bath and getting him ready for bed he claimed that he had a cut on his toe and need a band aide. As, any good mother would I asked him to show me what toe so I could put the requested band aide on the nonexistent cut. Well, when he went to do this he noticed a spot on the bottom of his foot. Elijah questioned it with a worried brow "Hey, how did I get marker on my foot?" I explained it's not marker it's a "freckle" Elijah, "Huh??" "Yeah, look see the spots on mommy's face, chest, & arms they are freckles and you have one too!" Elijah firmly stated "MOM, that's a problem take it back! You say you are sorry RIGHT now! I don't want a freckle!" I tried to explain I could not take it back but he just was not getting it. We thankfully moved on with our evening and he was off to bed. I have caught him looking at it a few times today and trying to scratch it off but he has not asked about it. Freckles, kind of a difficult thing to explain!

2 comments:

KiKi said...

freckle face! I don't even see my freckles anymore...and I find myself asking Bobby all the time if he sees them. Eh, the appeal of the new freckle will go away soon for Elijah...until his face looks like ours! :o)

mcdermottok said...

Emma has 4 freckles she is in love with them...always wants me to point them out to her. My older brother is covered just like you Kelly's and someone told him they were angel kisses which is sweet for him but no so much for me who as a kid had no freckles...no kisses...