Thursday, February 5, 2009

Untitled...

So, I spoke too soon Samuel sleeping through the night was a one hit wonder and he is back to his old tricks of being up and down all night. I am exhausted and at times just angry! I hate that he does not sleep & I feel responsible for it. I have been pondering in the middle of the night, "how did this happen? how could I have allowed this to happen again?". In the mom department I am not doing so hot when it comes to teaching my children how to sleep since I have one who will only sleep if pressed against my breast & only the right one for that matter and the other who will not sleep without the light on. How did this happen? We are ready to Feberize Samuel and I swear as a defense he comes down with yet another cold! WHY is he so sick? Isn't this why we decided I would be a stay at home mom so he would not get sick because of daycare? So, currently Samuel is sick again & therefore Elijah & I are stuck in the house trying to survive my least favorite time of the year WINTER.....AND to top it all off that damn groundhog saw his shadow and that there will be six more weeks of winter!

7 comments:

KiKi said...

You're a great mother, and you have great children. Some babies just like to be pressed up against their mothers breast, see also: me. That sounds strange as a 22 year old...haha, but i turned out ok. And so what if Elijah sleeps with the light on, a lot of adults do that too. There was like a year when I was 14 that i slept with the light on. I grew out of it...and again, I turned out ok. I am sorry you're stuck in the house and that winter sucks!

I miss you and those boys!

Love you!

Sue said...

Why doesn't my child listen? I guess we all have our own battles. Have you tried a white noise or something? Cam needs music and Arianna needs a humidifier.

This has been a brutally long winter. We miss you guys!

Tanya said...

We'll be hitting the playground soon enough. I am creating bad sleeping habits this time around. I figure he can't sleep worse than Lu did. I feel your pain though. Hope to see you soon.

Mary said...

Dianna!!!! Stop it. You are an amazing Mom who has two wonderful boys. The first winter is always the toughest with colds. As for sleep, your sister is right, each person has their own habits and soon Samuel will find his rhythym. Unfortunately right now you are his cuddle place. I am sorry you are not getting rest but it will happen soon. Hang in there! xoxoxo

Carla said...

I am glad I am not the only one in a sleep deprived haze. I think I am going to try white noise or a radio and next weekend we are going to Ferberize him which I know is going to suck. Hang in there - it has to get better...right?

kerilee77 said...

I know that I can't complain much about sleep yet since Ashton isn't supposed to be sleeping through the night yet, but I forgot how exhausting it is to wake up every 2-3 hours and feed! I just keep trying to remind myself that I will miss this snuggle time with him when he is 16 and doesn't give me the time of day! Hang in there, Dianna!

mcdermottok said...

You are are great mom...all your girls are right. He will sleep it will happen. maybe you should feberize cold or not. We did it. I also do the belly which I know is bad but it works for us. Colin is not sleeping 12 hours but a good clip. Let me know if you ever want us to come for a play date and you can nap...