Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Roaring Success!!!

WOW, what a great weekend!!

On Saturday as the rest of the world was celebrating Valentine's Day we were busy celebrating Elijah's 3rd birthday! A few months ago Elijah had asked for a dinosaur party since he had this sudden love for them. This is very comical and a bit of karma since I personally do not believe in dinosaurs and now have a child who thinks they are the be all end all or everything. So a dinosaur party it would be for my Elijah!

Elijah, Grammie, & I spent the morning making the final treats for the party. We had a dinosaur cake, dinosaur cupcakes, dinosaur jello eggs, & dinosaur sugar cookies. He was so excited about everything! The fun for me really began when he went up for his nap & now it was time to decorate for the party. We spread 2 dozen balloons as well as a special GIANT T-Rex balloon around the house in addition to tons of dinosaur figures for the kids to play with. Elijah woke up from his nap just in time for the party to begin I got him dressed in his special birthday t-shirt from saucewear.com he LOVED it! The rest of the day went perfect we had background music from Peter on his guitar, dinosaur crafts & painting in the playroom, and dinosaur cake and ice cream for all!

Elijah had a great day & I can not believe that my baby is 3 years old where has the time gone. Now next on our list is potty training because did you know that they don't make diapers for 3 year old boys (at least that is what Elijah thinks)



















4 comments:

Mary said...

We had a great time! Thank you! You did an excellent job with the Dinosaur party!!!! Happy 3rd Birthday, Elijah.

Ln said...

Looks like it was a big success...sorry I couldn't be there. I am very glad that all had a great time.

Sue said...

You did a great job! I must have been feeding Arianna when you did the cake b/c I never saw it!

KiKi said...

He looks like he had so much fun!!! I wish I was there. Everything looked really amazing and all the kids looked like they had a great time.

The smile, it's either going to get him in or out of a lot of trouble!