Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Well Worth The Wait...


TWO HOURS, we waited on Sunday to see Santa. Sunday morning we went and had the boys pictures done & while there we had this fantastic idea that we would also visit Santa. So, after we were done with our appointment we grabbed a drink and a quick snack and headed over to get in line to see Santa. I had been hyping Elijah up since Saturday in hopes that he "might" want to sit on his lap. Little did Cookie and I know that we should never have taken our leisurely time to get in line because there were already 60 people in front of us! Now mind you there was no sign of Santa yet since it was Sunday and he did not come on until noon time and it was 11:45am but at noon time on the dot the man in red come out of a secret door in the wall. Elijah's face lit up and was smiling ear to ear all and I have to admit that I am a corny mom and this brought a tear to my eye. Elijah followed Santa right up to his post and waved at him and watched as other boys and girls visited with him. He came back to tell me all about it and I asked if he wanted to sit on his lap and with great excitement and answered yes....so we waited and waited and waited till finally we were next. As soon as the kids in front of us got up Elijah ran right up and sat next to Santa and began rattling off his list, "I want play doh, lego, dinosaurs, books, and I share with my brother! PLEASE!!!" he repeated it several times & I know that Santa was listening. Samuel did not really know what to take of Santa and he just looked at him and tugged on his beard. I was just happy he did not cry & that we got a decent picture.

There are not many people I would wait 2 hours in line to meet but I am so happy that we waited 2 hours for Elijah to meet Santa because he has not stopped talking about him since. This is going to be a great Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

Ln said...

Santa is worth 2 hours...especially for a response like that...wow...make sure there is video and LOTS of pics of Christmas at the homestead!

Tanya said...

That Santa is amazing! SO glad you got an awesome picture. Lucy loved the man in the red suit as well. I can't believe there were so many people. You are a great mom to wait to give him that experience. I would have done the same. This is going to be a great Christmas!