Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bite Your Tongue!

Bite your tongue is what I have been telling Elijah for the past 5 days since he has taken up the AWFUL habit of talking back and mimicking me. Well, today he actually did it he bit his tongue and not for something he said just by accident. I had just come home from the gym and was putting my purse down on the counter when he went to step up to see on the stool missed and slipped hitting his poor chin on the counter and biting both sides of his tongue. I knew as soon as it happened it was not good...you know the cry that they really have hurt themselves. Then I looked at him BLOOD everywhere, I always forget how bad the mouth bleeds. Thank goodness Cookie was still home because having an extra set of hands was so helpful. Elijah calmed down & was able to rinse his mouth and let us take a look. I was so relieved that he did not bust a tooth out but simply bit his tongue. So, a few popsicles later and some ice cream for lunch he is doing much better. My pink tank top not so much I hope that the blood comes out in the wash. Here are some photos....



4 comments:

KiKi said...

holy hannah. pool kid, that really hurts when you bite your tongue...and wow thats a ton of blood. Just soak it with the soap before you wash it...or, if it doesnt come out, use some Peroxide. Good ole h2o2 takes the blood out of everything.

Also, I looooove that he is still making and wearing those necklaces. Haha.

Jane said...

what a bloody mess!

Tanya said...

Ouch! Poor kid! I do love that you took pictures and blogged about it. That's what the reality of this mommyhood is all about. I like it.

Mary said...

OH NO!!!! That must have been awful to walk into! You are a great mom to A- give up your cute pink tank and B- hit the gym in the morning! Keep up the great work.
Give a hug to the boys.