Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lies, Vandalism, & Stealing

Lies, Vandalism,& Stealing are all things that Elijah has done in the past few days.

Lies....all of the sudden he is not telling the truth when asked simple questions like "did you drink all your milk?" or "did you let the dog outside?" I hope this ends soon because it is driving me crazy!

Vandalism...Elijah so nicely scratched the side of the minivan up. I was shocked to find him scratching a picture into the rear passenger side panel. When I asked him why he did it he responded, "I wanted to draw you a picture, do you like it?" I responded loudly & without swearing, "NO I DO NOT!" The following day Cookie had him assist in washing the van in hopes it would come out but it did not so this coming weekend he will be helping Cookie buff it out.


Stealing....after a field trip out with Cookie to the grocery store and Lowes Elijah excitedly pulled out a pack of pumpkin seeds and expressed how he could not wait to plant them. Cookie looked strangely puzzled and I asked about the seeds to find out that Cookie in fact did not buy them for Elijah, Elijah simply pocketed them. We began explaining that to him that he could not just take things from a store. Elijah firmly informed us that he did ask he was saying over and over to Cookie "Excuse Me!" but Elijah said Cookie was too busy talking to the man at the store to answer him so he just took them. Well after explain again that you can not just take things we have informed Elijah that he will be going back to the store to pay for the seeds.


I am hoping these three events are a stage that he is going to get out of QUICKLY!

2 comments:

Ln said...

He'll come around...I hope. Poor momma!

Michelle said...

hysterical! I love it. Lots of lessons for E-dog this week. Absolutely NO lying, it is not a good idea to scratch your Mom's car or anybody's for that reason and you can not just take things ya like.....hell then I'd like a pair of short heeled Manolos....he he