Friday, February 11, 2011

Five on Friday

Five on Friday is dedicated this week to my almost five year old, Elijah James. Here are five things he has taught or shown me over the past five years.....

1. Control, I am not in full control of time anymore. When I was pregnant and wait for him to be born my mother took this chance to tell me that this was the start of me not being in control any longer & of course as with most she was correct.

2. Love, I had never loved someone so instantly as I did the moment he was born. It amazes me that as time has continued on I have fallen in love with him more each day and with each sweet moment.

3. Perspective, Elijah makes me look at things often from a different perspective then I would not have always had. He always has a point of view he wants to share with me and everyone else and quiet often I really enjoy his point of view.

4. Education, Elijah has taught me tons more than I can even care to admit about dinosaurs. To be honest if someone needed a life line regarding a question about dinosaurs, call me I will know that answer which is so funny considering I don't even believe that they ever existed!

5. Time, Elijah has taught me that cleaning can wait and that sometime it is better to just go out and play.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh, the things these young ones teach us if we are willing to learn! It has been such a joy to me to see how completely enchanted you are with your family :o)